Vice President of Leasing
The Vice President of Leasing will be responsible for leasing a portion of RCG’s current portfolio, and managing a team of professionals. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. RCG Ventures is growing exponentially by purchasing value-added real estate in markets around the country. Its current portfolio contains approximately 100 shopping centers. This individual will be a player coach; requiring the right candidate to be able to successfully balance the responsibilities in overseeing additional leasing staff as well as working on their own assets. This individual will work with Senior Management to establish a strategic leasing plan for all assets. The majority of their time will be dedicated to executing property level business plans by aggressively procuring new tenants for the shopping centers, and working with existing human capital to maximize potential.
- Manage leasing representatives, and work to grow those individuals as dynamic value creators for the organization.
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with desirable prospective tenants including national, regional and local operators.
- Lease new space, develop and execute creative and aggressive leasing strategies which will include new leases as well as renewals.
- Aggressively and proactively look for new Tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling and in person canvassing.
- Qualify potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements, credit report, and checking references.
- Negotiate lease terms that meet or exceed budgets and that address items including, but not limited to rent, term, extra net charges and construction allowances. Keep immediate supervisor apprised as to all activities.
- Communicate and coordinate with Construction/ / Property Management Departments to ascertain construction estimates prior to deal submission.
- Communicate and coordinate with Legal Department to have documents prepared incorporating the terms agreed upon and appropriate to the specific property.
- Attend leasing conventions and other industry events to represent the company and its properties.
- Prepare center-by-center annual budgets for review and approval by Senior Management as well as leasing and merchandising plans.
- Can work well in teams, and displays excellent leadership qualities.
- In depth knowledge of retail lease deal structures and lease terminology
- Work well independently
- Possess excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve in difficult situations
- Ability to multi-task, and handle many moving pieces at once
- Ability to travel to properties frequently
- Efficiently organize, plan, schedule, and execute assigned tasks
- Be a good team player
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing whether it be one-on-one or in large groups
- Be open to and willing to accept input and direction
- Ability to change directions and move forward as business plans change.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 8 to 15+ years retail leasing experience
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Must currently be working at a Retail Owner/Landlord, or have worked for a Landlord previously
If you are interested or know an interested party, please contact us or send a resume to: email@example.com.