LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
RCG is a privately funded, vertically-integrated real estate investment group that acquires and develops commercial real estate in the Continental United States. The company’s primary focus is value-add anchored shopping centers with the potential for long-term ownership. In addition, the company selectively enters into joint ventures with institutional partners.
Founded in 2003, the company has acquired a total of 150 properties in 23 states, representing total invested capital in excess of approximately $1 billion. In 2014, RCG was named the 48th largest retail owner in the United States. The firm recently announced a new office in Los Angeles to expand its acquisition territory from coast to coast. This is an entrepreneurial firm affording tremendous personal and career upside for its colleagues.
This is an important position supporting the portfolio and asset management team and having frequent contact with all departments of the company and its senior officers, including the CEO, COO, CFO/CIO and the Director of Investments. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with strong analytical skills and a desire to learn about the real estate business within a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Perform complex financial analyses and maintain and regularly update financial tracking for all assets and portfolios, including ARGUS cash flow projections, internal valuations, and return calculations
- Monitor compliance with loan covenants and maintain portfolio loan tracking
- Assist in the completion of quarterly executive summary reports and annual board meeting materials
- Assist in underwriting complex capital markets transactions, including joint venture acquisitions
- Assist in forecasting portfolio distributions and cash needs
- Ad hoc reporting for executives, investors and lenders, as requested
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting or with similar real estate underwriting skills
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, or a related field with a strong record of academic achievement
- Strong financial and analytical skills and reasoning abilities, with a high attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in ARGUS DCF (ARGUS Enterprise experience a plus)
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities and consistently follow-up
- Ability to work effectively in collegial but fast-paced environment
- Unimpeachable integrity and ethics
Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience plus generous benefits.
Please send resumes to Justin Carpenter (email@example.com)