The Associate will work closely with the Acquisition Team to identify, source, underwrite and ultimately acquire new investment opportunities within the retail sector. Being a position of required production, a strong sense of urgency, ability to interface with principals and brokers, personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship is paramount.
This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Review marketed property Offering Memorandums and prepare financial models in Excel and/or Argus for potential acquisition and development including analysis of market, property condition, tenancy, rent roll, and income/expense and provide preliminary opinion of value.
- Coordinate with brokers and/or owners to gather all necessary materials for potential acquisitions and development.
- Work with senior acquisition members to present acquisition and development opportunities at weekly acquisition meetings.
- Identify and contact via phone and email the owners of properties for potential acquisition and development.
- Coordinate and assist with the due diligence process, including interfacing with, brokers, owners, leasing agents, property managers, third-party vendors and potential lenders.
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years commercial real estate experience
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Basic proficiency with ARGUS is not a requirement but strongly encouraged.
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, DSCR, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, and present value.
- Comprehension of real estate terms and concepts such as net/gross leases, CAM, CAM reconciliations, contracts, rents/percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses and property types.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience plus generous benefits.
Please send resumes to email@example.com